Looking for a Detroit SEO Expert?
Read on if you’re don’t want to fall prey to common SEO scams. If you’ve been in business longer than 15 minutes then you know advertising is a must for most small business owners and trades people.
Traditionally, many such outfits have turned to the phone book. This method of obtaining new business has gone by the wayside as most consumers turn to the internet when looking to buy a product or hire a service provider.
Naturally, they turn to a digital advertising provider to help fix their marketing woes. And, most of the time they fail to garner any significant business and in the process they end up costing themselves hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Digital marketing is a broad field and most business owners don’t know what they really need and usually end up hiring the wrong firm.
Digital marketing includes some of the following:
- SEO a.k.a. search engine optimization
- video marketing
- PPC or pay per click
- Social media, etc
Most business owners wish to organically rank on the first page of Google. If you Google the term ‘Detroit digital marketing experts‘ Google will return 835,000 results. There are way too many people pretending to be experts. The only problem is there are only 10 spots on the first page of Google. If you’re not lucky enough to be in the top 5 then in most cases you’re wasting your money.
How to Find a Good Digital Marketing Expert in Detroit
Don’t let the fancy offices or slick websites fool you. Most SEO agencies are great at getting you to sign on the dotted line but pretty poor at delivering results. They business model revolves around obtaining as many clients as they possibly can. They need to pay for the large office space, employees, 401Ks and other benefits. Their employees are usually run-off-the-mill consultants who are far from being SEO experts. They handle multiple clients at once and don’t have the time to devote to your website that is necessary to climb the rankings.
If you’re looking to hire an SEO specialist in Detroit then make sure they have the following:
- They’re knowledgeable of your industry
- They can show you results. While it’s understandable to not share their clients sites they should be able to show you first page rankings of their own website or test sites. If they fail to do so then they’re probably not very good.
- It’s helpful if they’re from your home town or home state as they probably understand the demographics better than an outsider but it’s not necessary.
- Guarantees – run if you hear this word.
- Contracts – It is very common in our industry to try to get you to sign a 12 month contract. SEO takes time, expertise and a lot of work. In most cases, we can get optimal results in 6 months. If you’re pressured to sign a 12-month contract then it’s an indication that the SEO agency you’re talking to is not very confident in their ability to rank websites and want to force you to stick with them.
There’s really nothing else you need to know when it comes to selecting a Detroit SEO expert.
Below is a video that I think you will find informative.